Children under the age of 18
Children under the age of 18 (with their own passports or listed on the parent’s passport) are requested to submit:
- An application form filled accurately and signed by one of the parents.
- An original and a copy of the child’s birth certificate. If the name of the parents has been changed since the issuing of the original birth certificate, documents proving that legal change must be submitted (original + copy of marriage certificate, divorce certificate).
- If a minor child is travelling with only one of his/her parents, he/she must have a letter (consent) of authorization signed, certified and notarized (along with the copy) by the parent who is not travelling with him/her. The consent must be valid from the starting date of the applicant’s trip and for all Schengen countries.
- If a minor child is travelling with a legal guardian, a letter of authorization signed, certified and notarized (along with the copy) by both parents must be attached. The consent must be valid from date of the applicant’s request for visa and for all Schengen countries.
- An original and copy of the accompanying person’s passport page containing the holder’s data, and expiry date, a recent photograph and valid visa copy.
- If one of the child’s parents is deceased or if custody is held by one parent, proper documentation duly signed, certified along with a copy must be attached.
- If the mother registered the birth of her child alone, all the certified documents (form 25-applicable for Russia) issued by an authority or an official courts or tribunals must be attached (original and copy).
- If one of the parents has gone missing or the location is unknown, the official letter from police office must be attached.
Other obligatory documents are under the following link.